Am I There Yet?

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Introduction and Explanation

This is kind of strange for me...I'm generally a lurker online and rarely post anywhere. I think it'll take a little getting used to. Thought I'd give a little intro and explanation of the title/reason for my blog.

I'm 21 years old; working in database integrity in Grand Rapids, MI. I graduated from college in May '04 and was supposed to start grad school fall '04. I kind of procrastinated on registration and decided to start in spring '05. I procrastinated again and am now planning on starting this summer. I'm hoping to develop a little more motivation this year...I've enjoyed not being in school for the first time since I was 4 years old, but I don't want to get too used to it.

The name and URL of my blog are kind of an explanation of where I am right now. I feel like I'm stuck somewhere waiting for my life to start. I don't like living in Michigan (I grew up in this state and have hated it for years), but I won't be moving until after grad school. I had planned for years on moving to California after school, but recently have been having doubts on that. I like my job, but it's certainly not something I could see myself doing long-term. Basically, nothing in my life is where I want it to be, and I'm completely living on thoughts of the future. I'm getting tired of feeling like everything going on in my life is a stage I need to pass through. I think maybe writing things down will help me stop obsessing over them in my head. :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home