Am I There Yet?

Sunday, March 20, 2005

It's Been a Week?

It's been kind of a while since I've posted. I haven't been online much; I'll need to catch up on some stuff (especially e-mail, sorry if anyone has sent me something). It's been quite the week...I'll attempt to give a summary.

*****

First, last weekend...

I got lost on my way home (not like I've made this trip at least 50 times in the last 5 years or anything).

Deborah is growing tadpoles in my room for a science fair project.

My dad has worked literally every day so far this year...I saw him like twice.

Becca and Benjamin skipped my birthday party to go to a hockey game--not the first time this has happened.

My cousin Nicole is 4 months pregnant, and this is the first time I've seen her that she's been really showing...she was my best friend growing up; it's still odd to see her married, much less pregnant.

I saw my cousin Brad for the first time since he got back from Iraq in mid-February. :-D

I'd been thinking about it for a while, but after talking to some of my family about it, I made the decision to apply to NYU for grad school, instead of moving there after finishing school here in Michigan.

So it was quite the eventful weekend. It was wonderful being home and seeing everyone, but for someone who lives with one roommate in a very quiet apartment, it's always an adjustment. I think I slept a total of like 7 hours. Made the drive back here rather unpleasant; I have no idea how I used to stay awake on that trip before I got my phone.

*****

Now, this week...

On Monday, we had a problem at work. An automatic daily process didn't run, which basically caused me to lose an entire day's worth of work as well as having to manually run the process and fix the errors, which from prior experience I knew would take the rest of the week to finish. I got a migraine (kind of expecting it; I usually get one after the long drive, and the stressful weekend didn't exactly help).

On Tuesday, Gabe, a good friend I hadn't seen in a while, stopped by my office to tell me he'd be leaving for a year in Japan next Wednesday.

On Wednesday, I really started thinking about grad school, as well as the fact that I was taking the GMAT (test to get into grad school) on Friday and hadn't yet exactly prepared. My roommate got a job offer in Houston.

On Thursday, we had a going-away party for Gabe, and I ended up staying out way later than I should have.

On Friday, I went in to work for the morning, hoping it would help me keep my mind off the test. I tried to eat lunch and almost threw up. I then took the test (summary of that later), called my family with the results, came home and crashed. I slept from 4-10, got up, and went back to bed at 3.

Today, I woke up at 3 p.m. (that's 18 hours of sleep since yesterday afternoon) and never really did anything. I spent most of the day watching tv and eating, only leaving the couch to make cookies. I don't think I handle stress well...

4 Comments:

  • NYU ... ! Come to NYU! Did I mention that I teach at NYU (not that it matters since it's such a huge place, but ...)?

    By Blogger crumblord, at March 20, 2005 10:49 AM  

  • Congrats on your decision to go to NYU. I love it when people put effort into education. Everyone wins. Oh my god do you think you've been a bit busy ms. thang? Holy cow I need some chocolate and a nap now.
    k

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 20, 2005 7:28 PM  

  • Welcome back, you were missed. I was hoping you had met some hot guy. NYU is a great choice! OK, I'm a little prejudiced; I got my MBA at NYU Stern.

    By Blogger Ray, at March 21, 2005 7:01 PM  

  • crumblord,
    Seriously? It's such a small world! :o) If I get in *fingers crossed* I'll have to look you up. What do you teach?

    knottyboy,
    I thought it was kind of funny that I've been constantly complaining about how boring my life is, then when it finally got busy I could hardly handle it. Let's hope for a happy medium sometime soon. And the chocolate and a nap idea sounds great to me...

    Ray,
    No boys for Elizabeth. At least not until after school. ;-)
    So you went to Stern? What did you think of it? I haven't finished my application yet, but I'm slightly worried that my age and lack of work experience will hurt my chances. I'm applying for the part-time program, since I'll need to work full-time in order to pay at least part of the costs. I already have enough student loans from undergrad.

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at March 22, 2005 2:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home