Am I There Yet?

Thursday, March 03, 2005

I Can Talk!

Not much time to post while I'm here at work...I'm rather swamped right now. I had 5 employees this summer helping me to prepare for a major project. Now I have a project of a similar scale, and it's just me doing the same amount of work...not fun.

Knottyboy is currently my favorite person in the world! His suggestion about the sore throat I mentioned/whined about on Tuesday worked wonders...I only wish I had had the time to check my blog after I posted. After a full day of craziness at work I went home, took Nyquil, and dozed all evening. I finally saw his comment yesterday afternoon, did what he suggested as soon as I got home from work, and felt better almost immediately! :-D

Have you ever tried to go a full day without talking? It's very difficult. Since my throat seemed to get worse as I talked, I went all day at work yesterday without talking. It wasn't too hard...I had to write a few notes to people to explain things or ask questions, but since my job doesn't require a great deal of human interaction it wasn't a huge inconvenience. Some things I realized:

*My phone rang more in one day than it does in a normal week. I had to turn the ringer off to avoid answering it just out of habit.

*Coworkers close to my age teased me because they knew I couldn't/wouldn't talk back. Coworkers older than me (especially women my mom's age) babied me. They were all trying to give me various kinds of medicine all day. When I didn't go to lunch (not much I could swallow, I had 4 people offer to pick something up for me. :o)

*I don't write very often. I type all the time, but the only writing I do is shopping lists, little reminder notes to myself, and my signature. My handwriting has degenerated and I write really slowly now compared to how I used to when I took notes by hand.

1 Comments:

  • Those ol'Mormon ladies did know a thing or two about keep'in healthy. Who knew that homemade was just what the Dr. ordered?
    Hugs,
    k

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 04, 2005 12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home