Am I There Yet?

Friday, February 25, 2005

An Open Letter to Grand Rapids Drivers...

Say you're driving into work in the morning. And it's winter. And it's early. And Elizabeth is not exactly in the greatest mood, because...well, let's face it, she's not a morning person.

And you see an accident in the median. A car has gone off the road and rolled a few times. You see that emergency vehicles are there, and everything is well off the road, and it's not really affecting your drive at all.

Next time this happens, instead of stopping, or slowing to 10 miles an hour, why don't you consider driving the speed limit?! It's not exactly rocket science here, people. I know you're curious...I mean concerned...about the accident. And it's not like I don't look or anything. But turning my 10-minute drive into 35 minutes because apparently you're incapable of just glancing at the accident as you drive by? I forgave it on Wednesday. Twice in one week, though? Unacceptable.

2 Comments:

  • You're so right! I usually don't get very mad while driving, but that is the one thing that is always guaranteed to infuriate me...I actually had a post written up about it last week, but I didn't post it because I'm trying not to be too negative. :o)

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at February 25, 2005 11:59 AM  

  • ...although, to be honest, I should admit I routinely apply makeup and talk on my cell phone while driving. I, however, continue to drive 80 mph while doing it. Wouldn't want to slow traffic down!

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at February 25, 2005 12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home