Am I There Yet?

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

I'm in Trouble

I was checking my site stats this morning, and I noticed an unusual visit. Apparently an admin from my hometown's web page (of which I was rather critical) spent 21 minutes on my site this weekend.

Now I'm not entirely sure who is running this website...from their about page, it's a "private concern, consisting of a group of individuals, each sharing the same compassion and the desire to inform and welcome potential visitors to our abundance of beauty and scenic natural resources." I have a feeling it's probably the owners of some local hotels and campsites.

Problem is, Munising is a VERY small town. And it's not like I'm famous or anything, but there are people who know who I am. And I have a very large family, many of whom live in Munising, none of whom are aware of the existence of this blog.

So I doubt any of this would really come up in a conversation, but what if it did? ARGH!! Now I'm paranoid to blog...

7 Comments:

  • Thanks for the encouragement, tadvent!

    I appreciate your advice. It's difficult sometimes to focus on what's happening now, rather than my goals for the future. You're one of a few people recently who have reminded me that I need to enjoy the present as well as thoughts of the future. :o)

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at February 22, 2005 4:11 PM  

  • Congratulations, Elizabeth. You are going to be the talk of Munising!

    --Famous Author Rob Byrnes

    By Blogger Rob Byrnes, at February 22, 2005 4:48 PM  

  • Perhaps one day I will be as famous as you! ;-)

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at February 22, 2005 5:39 PM  

  • I was sooooo tempted to leave a scandalous comment - I'm mean if they're gonna talk, might as well have a little fun.

    Hello Munising - let me just say this, I may not be the best character reference for someone, particularly if jail time is involved, but I'll tell you that if I were ever to have a daughter I would want her to turn out to be just like Elizabeth.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 23, 2005 7:28 AM  

  • Feel free to be scandalous...I'll be entertained!

    You're much too sweet, Aaron..why is it that all the nice ones are gay?

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at February 24, 2005 9:44 AM  

  • All of the nice ones are gay? hahahahahahahahahaha - now that's funny. One day you and I will have to go through the ex-files. Oh brother.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 24, 2005 9:51 AM  

  • I've never really dated (many reasons), so I have no exes, but guys I have been interested in have tended to be unavailable, oblivious, or unaware of my existence...maybe now it's time to move on to gay men. The results will be the same. :o)

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at February 24, 2005 1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home