Am I There Yet?

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Close Call

As I stood up from my desk, about to head to lunch, I smoothed the front of my pants, since they tend to wrinkle when I sit at my desk for hours on end without moving. I noticed that something felt rather odd. I glanced down, and noticed a hole in the crotch of my pants.

I helped my boss set up for a meeting this morning. While doing this I walked around a lot and stood in front of a rather large group of people. I have no idea if this hole was present at that time. You'd think I'd have noticed the hole when I got dressed this morning (it's right under the zipper), but I was rather tired.

So I got a safety pin out of my purse (good thing I have a collection of random stuff I never really need in there), tried to act casual as I walked to the bathroom with my hand very carefully placed in front of me, and inspected the damage. Fortunately, the fabric wasn't torn, just the seam separated, and it wasn't a large hole (about 1 1/2 inches long), but still...can you imagine if I had gone to lunch like that? :-b

4 Comments:

  • Do you know how long it takes most gay men to achieve that same look before heading off to the bars? What size are you? Would those pants make my butt look fat?

    By Blogger Ray, at February 24, 2005 5:54 PM  

  • ...and to think, it really was an accident. Is it bad that as a straight woman, I'm apparently turning into a gay man? ;-)

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at February 24, 2005 8:14 PM  

  • Try this... I head into work and remember to head to the lighting store to buy some needed spots for the display cases. I was told by the clerk that the ones I need are on the bottom shelf. I bend over to get the few I need only to hook the ass of my pants on a sharp metal rack. Riiiiiip...hey ms bootylicious! How you doin'? OMG I had to work in front of clients all day with my shirt tail pulled out. My boss laughed till she had to head to the loo. Very classic dorky knottyboy!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 24, 2005 10:38 PM  

  • lol...I'd go home and change. If I didn't, I'd be thinking about it all day. Plus, I don't think I own a shirt that would be long enough to cover any rips.

    Great picture! :o)

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at February 25, 2005 10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home