Am I There Yet?

Monday, February 28, 2005

Ramblings

I can't sleep, so I'm posting some random thoughts...

*****

Law & Order: SVU is supposed to be on USA right now. Instead, they're playing golf. Not that I need to see any more episodes of SVU, but still, I don't understand the appeal of even playing golf, much less watching it. The fact that there are crowds of people just standing around silently watching the tournament is funny, yet sad.

*****

It's interesting to me how many TV channels have websites that are so much more useful than the TV channel that they make the channels completely unnecessary...like CNN , the TV Guide channel, and the Weather channel. I find it an interesting trend to see companies actually drive one of their products into obsolescence with another one of their products. Yes, I was a business major. Can you tell?

*****

Whoever it was that invented TeleFile? And direct deposit? I love them. My tax return was spent before I even got it, but at least I got it quickly.

*****

I took this test, and apparently I'm not really much more female than male. Should I be concerned?

Your Brain is 53.33% Female, 46.67% Male

Your brain is a healthy mix of male and female
You are both sensitive and savvy
Rational and reasonable, you tend to keep level headed
But you also tend to wear your heart on your sleeve

*****

It's 1:30 a.m., and I just had a snack of chicken fingers and fries. It's a wonder I don't weigh 400 pounds.

*****

Swimsuit shopping should be legally considered torture.

*****

The above two observations could be related.

*****

The golf tournament just ended, and one of the guys took off his hat. He had a severe tan line on his forehead from wearing baseball hats so much. I probably shouldn't find this funny, yet I do.

*****

Law & Order: SVU is on...I've seen this episode twice already. I'm watching it anyway.

9 Comments:

  • Golf sucks. I know because I play on occasion. My brother is quite good at it. I used to always wonder, like you, why anyone would play that asinine game. Then I played it for the first time. And now I know why. I'm hooked. I'm hooked because I'm so bad at it. Each time I go out I have one miraculous shot that shouldn't have happened...and it's surreal. So I go back, again and again, hoping for that one miraculous shot. That doesn't make sense. I know. But try it and you'll know what I mean.

    By Blogger Big D, at February 28, 2005 2:02 AM  

  • I don't know...I can't even play mini-golf. You know how most holes have a max of like 6 strokes, then you move on even if you haven't gotten it? That's me. :o)

    I have, however, gotten my share of holes-in-one, and I know what you mean about trying to replicate the accidents.

    Maybe one day I'll be confident enough to move on from mini-golf and attempt the real thing.

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at February 28, 2005 2:08 AM  

  • You would be so much fun to watch tv with. We'd never hear a damn thing yelling at the set and laughing our butts off.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 28, 2005 11:18 AM  

  • TV is much more fun as an interactive experience. I try to restrain myself (especially when I'm the only person in the room), but I just can't help it. Now if only I could get the people on TV to actually listen to me when I'm talking...

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at February 28, 2005 11:33 AM  

  • Which episode is it? The last two that I've caught, I think both were on NBC, were really creepy.

    Scott

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 28, 2005 12:27 PM  

  • It was Haunted from Season 6. Pretty good one.

    I know what you mean about the show being creepy sometimes...one time I watched a marathon when my roommate was gone for the weekend. I freaked out at every strange noise. :-b

    As I was scanning through the episode guide to see which one this was, I recognized every description I looked at. I think I've probably seen every episode of this show at least once. That's just sad.

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at February 28, 2005 1:13 PM  

  • I like shopping for a bathing suit, but that must be the male side of my brain responding.

    I also love to hate television.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 28, 2005 1:15 PM  

  • Aaron, I've seen your pictures...I'm sure you look good in the bathing suits. That probably makes shopping a little more fun. :o)

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at February 28, 2005 1:27 PM  

  • *Note: I don't hate how I look. I just prefer not to see the results of my unhealthy midnight snacking in bright lights and multiple mirrors and very small amounts of clothing. Bad combination.

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at February 28, 2005 1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home