Am I There Yet?

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Random Thoughts

Sorry I haven't blogged in a while (not that anyone is really reading this). Since Saturday, I've had one of the worst migraines I've ever experienced. Today is the first day I've been able to look at my computer without excruciating pain. Not a good thing when my job entails looking at my computer screen for 8 hours. Amazing, really, how much time I can spend at work, yet not working.

Whenever I am unable to use a computer or be online for any lengthy period of time, I realize how much of an internet addict I really am. It's pitiful. I seriously spend 8 hours each day at work on my computer, then come back to my apartment and spend the rest of the night on the couch, watching tv, with my laptop on my lap and surfing the net. These past few days with the migraine are the only days I can think of in recent memory in which I was not voluntarily online at any point. I think blogs are my worst addiction...if I like someone's blog, I feel a compulsory need to read every single post in their archive, and often the comments on each post. It's a sickness. Really.

My dad called Friday night, and I didn't recognize his voice on the phone at all. In a way, this is to be expected, since my total experience in talking on the phone with my dad is A) "Hi! Here's your mom." and B) "Dad? My car's broken again. What do you think this sound means?" In a way, I blame my dad for the fact that we don't really have much of a relationship. I'm one of 6 kids, and I know I'm not exactly either of my parents' favorite child. I felt like such a horrible person, though, when I asked who it was on the phone and he said "It's your dad" like I should have known it. The worst part was he was calling to thank me for the Christmas present I gave him. After about a minute of awkward conversation in which I felt like the world's worst daughter, he passed the phone on to my mom.

Until last Saturday, I hadn't been out to the movies in at least 2 or 3 months. I honestly can't remember the last movie I saw. Since last Saturday, I've been to the movies 3 times. Summary: Spanglish is kinda interesting, not at all what I expected. Phantom of the Opera is incredible. In Good Company is highly adorable.

A guy at work (not in my department) got fired last week, and I don't know why. I work with his wife, and I'm very curious about what happened. He's a really nice guy and I can't really think of why he'd get fired. I was just about to ask her subtly what was going on while we were at lunch on Monday, when she started talking about how she's getting so annoyed with people asking about the situation. Now I can't ask her, because I know she is tired of hearing about it, but I'm dying to know what happened. An innately curious nature can be such a burden sometimes.

Isn't it amazing how much you can think of when you're supposed to be sleeping? I was going to head to bed early tonight, but I started writing this and just didn't stop. It's probably good for me, though, to write stuff down. That was the original purpose of this blog...to write some of these thoughts down so I can hopefully stop thinking about them. Good night. :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home