Am I There Yet?

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

I'll take that as a compliment?

I just got back from a walk around my apartment complex and some of the streets nearby. The complex I live in has pretty cheap apartments, so it caters to a pretty young crowd, primarily college students. I love walking (it makes me feel like I'm getting in touch with nature and exercising, although I'm barely doing either), but I prefer to walk with someone so I can talk. I've also found that walking alone can attract quite the attention...

I'm always surprised by the lack of subtlety evidenced by most college-aged guys. If I'm checking a guy out, I usually at least make an effort not to be obvious. Guys see a girl they like, though, and they're staring, whistling, and yelling out lines. I'm not at all offended by this, though...hey, who doesn't like attention? The most common things I hear are wolf whistles and the highly creative "Hey baby!" Got a new one today, though.

So I'm walking, and this car goes by kind of slowly. I glance up. He's actually kind of cute, and driving a nice car, and we make eye contact for a second. He turns his head, opens his mouth, and yells out the window..."Nice tits!" Now that's classy...is it bad that I laughed?

4 Comments:

  • I can't believe guys still actually do this kind of thing. I always wonder what they're thinking the response will be.

    Guy: Nice tits!
    You: Thanks! Your powers of observation make me want to date you! My tits and I will be ready at eight o'clock!

    But, yeah, I know they're not thinking that far ahead.

    By Blogger crumblord, at March 31, 2005 1:44 PM  

  • You should have said back, "so does your dick come in an adult size?"
    Schmuck, men can be so frigging clueless.
    k

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 31, 2005 5:14 PM  

  • Do guys really just yell things out like that? I mean, I guess in a way it's funny. Just shows how childish they are though.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 01, 2005 11:40 AM  

  • Really interesting post. I need to get rid of some 20 pounds or so. I hope to get this done by using life fitness treadmill essential ft 6. It will be hard work for me...

    See you,

    Peter

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 09, 2005 7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home