Am I There Yet?

Monday, February 07, 2005

My SuperBowl Diary

So I watched the SuperBowl yesterday. Not out of any desire to actually WATCH football, but for some reason I just always do. Because I know my personal experience watching a football game is extremely important to the survival of the world, I am posting a diary of my experiences while watching said game.

I woke up at 5:30 p.m. (long story), surfed around on my computer for a while, then realized...hey! the game's probably starting soon! So I went to the tv guide channel (since I had no idea what channel the game was actually on) and found that it had started 20 minutes earlier. No big deal, not like I actually care, so I turn it on, only it's still the pre-show so I didn't miss anything.

George H. W. Bush looks OLD! And Bill Clinton still looks sleazy. Still weird to see them together.

*So, important point here, I REALLY don't get football, so I just don't watch it. Tennis is the only sport I ever watch. I did, however, briefly consider a marketing major in college, and I've always loved watching the commercials. Hence Elizabeth watching the SuperBowl. Also, Tom Brady? HOT!*

Beer (possibly Bud Light? I never pay attention) commercial with the pilot jumping out of the plane to catch the beer? Somewhat funny, yes, but hardly SuperBowl worthy.

Subway commercial with the windows fogged up and the cops thinking it's a couple having fun...highly entertaining. Still not sure if it's SuperBowl worthy, though. Getting a bad feeling about the SuperBowl-worthiness of tonight's commercials.

Hmmm...football seems to have started. Should probably pay attention.

NFL network commercial with random football players all singing "Tomorrow"? Made me giggle.

Ford Mustang commercial with the guy apparently frozen to death...quite entertaining. Also special to me because for YEARS as a child I desperately wanted a Ford Mustang. Still wouldn't exactly turn one down...but I do love my Focus. Honestly. Back to the commercial, though, the summer style of the shirt and the sunglasses are nice touches.

Tom Brady? Still HOT!!

Oh...someone got points. I'm kind of cheering for the Patriots, not really sure why, so kind of sucks that it's not them. Back to my reading.

Interruption of phone call from my sister...will probably blog about it tomorrow.

Beer commercial with the different animals coming to join the Clydesdales because of the donkey? Cute. I like the consistency of this series...

Start somewhat watching the game. Don't you love how the announcers just randomly blurt out statistics that no one should ever know, much less care about knowing? I find it highly entertaining.

Oh...the Patriots apparently got a touchdown too. Cool. Still not so much with the watching of the football.

Beer commercial with the soldiers coming home and everyone in the airport clapping? Corny, yes, but it made me cry. Come home safe, Thomas! Thoughts and prayers. :o)

Ameriquest cat stabbing commercial? High point of my evening. Seriously. (Not to confuse anyone, I love cats, but the most original commercial of the evening.)

Ummmm...more points have been gotten. Should have probably been paying attention.

Commercials I've seen before? Like the Staples "easy button ones? WHY?! It's the freaking SuperBowl!! You had to pay like $2 million to play that! And you couldn't come up with something new?! Highly upsetting.

P. Diddy (or whatever he wants to be called now) driving a Diet Pepsi truck, so everyone else getting one to be like him? Points for irony. Extra points for using Carson Daly, who I so crushed on in high school and now look at with great confusion. Ummm...yeah...I left a show in which at least high school girls knew who I was for a show that's on at like 3 a.m. Great career move.

Um...wow...lots of points gotten. Consider Googling rules of football to see how Patriots could have apparently gotten 3 points in one move (was aware of touchdowns and the subsequent field goals, but no other method of gaining points). Too lazy to sort through Google results, call little brother to explain. Feel like an idiot (although the shock in his voice to hear that I was watching it was quite entertaining).

So, Patriots win. Good times. And Tom Brady? Still HOT!! :-D

1 Comments:

  • Wow! Comments!! :o)

    I think I missed the commercial with Burt Reynolds...I'll have to surf around and find it somewhere online.

    I found the halftime show to be kind of boring. Not that I'm really into the pop music scene, but at least in past years they had people who were current. I know they were trying to avoid anything happening like last year, but I think they went too far in the opposite direction. I have nothing against Paul McCartney, but one person for the whole halftime show was pretty boring. Nostalgia has its place, but it just seems like they could have been a little more creative.

    By Blogger Elizabeth, at February 09, 2005 5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home